Friday, May 29, 2009

Green that is!!!!

Dirty hippy, dirty hippy!!! Ever gone to a CSU vs. CU game? You will hear this over and over again, it's kinda our thing.

Growing up in Colorado, where do all the hippies live, Boulder. Where is CU, Boulder. I always associated things like "natural," "organic," etc. with hippies. Why, I don't really know. No one ever said this is how it is, it's just what I thought. Who wants to be a dirty hippy?? Not me, I was a fancy shampoo/conditioner, premium face cleanser, bleach using gal all the way!!!
I guess you can say things have changed drastically for me. I'm not sure if it is having my own kids, realizing what I am actually putting in and on my body (and theirs), or what the trigger was. I can tell you that I will never turn back to my old ways (dirty hippy or not), the things I know will be forever engrained in my mind.

Yesterday I finally hung up our laundry line (it's a temp. one until can find a retractable one). I am also going to start making my own cleaners (shampoo, conditioner, face wash, etc.). This is the reason I wanted to start this blog. I would like to share with everyone what I find in my journey to become more natural. I am going to share recipes for cleaners, as well as, food and anything I may/have done to become more green. I hope in return that you share with me. I can always use new ideas and recipes.

I would like to say that we will all share the information and be able to go out and get the same ingredients and make the same products. I don't think this will happen because I think we all need to go through the trial and error of this process. What works for me might not work for you and vice versus but we will all get some good ideas!!!!!

Hoping for the best (i.e., my hair doesn't turn green too)

No comments:

Post a Comment