Friday, May 29, 2009

Ok, so after re-reading my first post I decided I should clear up a few things.

I went to CSU, that's what I meant by "our thing." I have also been thinking about what I said about Boulder. I know why we always thought people there were/are hippies. They have lots of hemp shops, lots of people with "dreads" (is that spelled right?) and lots of crazy laws that protect land, pedestrians, etc. This is what I thought being a hippy was. My sister now lives in Boulder, her daughter goes to Boulder High and they aren't even close to being hippies. I can't say that everyone in Boulder is any more :)

I also don't know why I mentioned that I hung a clothes line. I guess it was one last thing I did before deciding to create a blog. I actually love it!!!! My husband thinks I'm crazy but he goes with it!! I have dried 3 loads out there and can't wait to get the retractable lines.

Also, my obsession with making my own products comes from many things. I hate spending money on products that are made mostly of water anyways, my kids and I have sensitive skin, I hate the chemicals and preservatives, I don't like putting "no tear" crap on my kids head because it's not "no tear" for no reason and I figure it must be less expensive to make my own (well maybe not less than the $1 shampoo and conditioner I've been buying but it has to be better for us). I guess we'll see.

Moving on:

My first go around with homemade shampoo was not a total disaster but it didn't work. I was going for easy peasy so my first recipe was "egg shampoo:"

1 egg
1 cup water
Beat put on hair for 5-10 mins, should be a 2 in 1 (egg to clean and the protein for conditioning)

My hair is not conditioned, it's totally dry and yuck like I didn't use conditioner (which I really didn't). Not only that but the directions say to rinse in cool water because hot/warm water will cook the egg. I guess I didn't rinse well enough because when I was brushing (or trying to) my hair I noticed very small white stuff. Huh, guess I cooked my shampoo Gross!!!!!

My next step is to use Safflower Oil and rub a bit on for extra conditioning (when my hair dries so looks like I'm up for awhile longer).

Tomorrow I will get the right ingredients for the other shampoo I wanted to make and try again.

I will let you know how that fiasco goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment